Custom Laser Cutting
C. P. Eakes Company offers extensive custom laser cutting options with our Cincinnati CL-6 2000 watt continuous power, flying optic laser. Projects previously considered too difficult or costly can now be produced in a cost effective manner, and with ease.
New projects can be downloaded from your supplied DWG, or DXF files, or can be drawn in these formats from scratch by C. P. Eakes in house design department. These CAD drawings would then be converted into CNC programs for cutting using our Cincinnati programming and nesting software.
Projects are optimized for the most effective cutting, and customer's cost savings.
Our laser cutting capacities are as follows:
- Effectively cutting mild carbon steel up to 1/2" in thickness
- Effectively cutting stainless steel up to 1/4" in thickness
- Effectively cutting aluminum up to 1/4" in thickness
- Ability to laser cut other metals such as galvanized and brass
- Ability to laser hole diameters equal to the metal thickness being cut or larger
- Ability to laser etch part numbers or text
- Ability to convert parts from supplied flat layouts in DWG or DXF CAD formats
- Ability to nest same or different parts of same metal thickness for optimized cutting
- State of the art CNC programming with our Cincinnati programming / nesting software